Wednesday, November 09, 2005

This week has been pretty much College oriented I had an assessment test on Monday, to determine what level of classes you should be placed into. I must say I'm rather rusty having not been in school for a good 4yrs, my test results were a little iffy. I mainly got bad grades on the Math, which means that I'm not college level in Maths. I thought I might have to take all 6 Math classes, as my degree has a Math 111 class but turns out I don't have to afterall. My English Essay test was interesting, you had 3 topics to choose from 2 of the topics were very much American oriented. One had to do with American politics and the other had to do with Baseball. The third one was about tv, guess which one I wrote about. They really didn't make it easy for someone who doesn't know much about American politics and Baseball.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the Graphic Design Coordinator to find out more about the course and such, then on Thursday I have an appointment with the counselor to discuss long term future plans. I'm starting to feel a little apprehensive about going back to school, just mainly the "I don't know if I can do it" thought pops into my mind now and again. But as Clayton said the other night "Look at how many times you said I don't know if I can do this Long Distance thing" And we survived that so I can survive and strive through this.

I found this interesting site the other day US/UK it's about the differences between American and British Culture. I was pretty amused at some of the funny stories that were listed here I don't know how many times I've run into the US/UK language barrier. I know it sounds stupid but I still mix up the American money, today I said Pounds when I was counting out the change. You think after a year and 6mths of being here in the USA you'd know the currency by now. Oh and I finally tasted "Candy Corn" hmm for some unknown reason I thought it would taste more of corn. Clayton bought me a bag to try, I had heard about it so many times during Halloween and didn't know what it was like.