Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Well I've been the US for a year now, today is my one year Anniversary of emigrating. I have to say it's been a tough year for me & for Clayton. It's not easy leaving your family and your friends, to be with the one you love but I don't regret emigrating at all. What I have here is something I really treasure, and I'm thankful for that. 2 months Friday will be our 1 year Anniversary of being married. I can't believe we've been married nearly a year already, time has gone by so quick.

I've dealt with a lot of cultural differences since leaving the UK. I've written my cultural differences and experiences in my Expat Life section of my site. I've been feeling really homesick lately, missing my family a lot, I miss getting together with my sisters and stuff. Hopefully we'll be able to go back this Christmas and see everyone.

My new job is going pretty well, I learned how to do the cash register the other day. Not that hard really seeming I've used them before although the money is a little different now. I know it's stupid but, I still get brain farts occasionally and can't remember the value of some US coins, and I still sometimes say pounds instead of dollars. Which doesn't help when I'm cashiering.

I'm thinking of redecorating my Living room area, I want to paint the bottom half of the wall like I've done with the other rooms. And then add a boarder in the middle, it's going to be a little hard to coordinate the painting as all the walls in the Kitchen and the living room, are all in one. I'd have to create like a cut off point, so I don't know if that'll look right. Hmm I'll have to do some more thinking.