Sunday, May 08, 2005

My new job is going well, I'm a bit disappointed with the hours, this week I have 3hrs what's up with that? That's not enough money to buy a Happy Meal by the time the taxes are taken out. Well I have 9hrs total but the other 6hrs are on call shifts, which means you call the store an hour before you start your shift to see if your working. Today was an on call shift, and they didn't need me in, I work tomorrow 9-12 then I don't work till Saturday and that's an on call shift also.

Ugh time to find another part time job, I was reading an article in the British Expat paper the other day. The article was about Expats trying to find jobs in the USA, many Expats have problems trying to find jobs in the USA. You have to have a real good degree and good experience. I had a phone call the other day from a company that I applied to, for a Receptionist position, they said they will not be hiring me as my accent was too strong, what's up with that??? I said that was no reason to not hire me, and they said that people wouldn't understand me over the phone and such. I decided I really didn't want to work for a company that would discriminate you over your accent.