Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Ugh I don't know what to do, things don't look good for this Day Care Center job. My first day was today, I was given shifts for this week, 3:30 to 6:30pm, what's with the 3hr shifts? Anyway I told the manager of the place, look I don't have a car this place isn't on a bus route and I have to work around my husband's work schedule. Is there anyway I can have like 3 8hr days, she kept dodging the question and never gave me a real answer. She said we'd talk about it tomorrow on my other shift, and then she left. One of the other girls that work there said that the manager was always like that, and she'd never give you a real answer.

Okay so while I was there I got to know the other girls a little, and they started telling me, that I wouldn't get full time hours and that the manager hadn't employed anyone full time for over a year. The job was advertised as full time. Okay so one of the other girls had said that she was leaving because they wouldn't give her full time hours or longer hours as she lives all the way out in town, and couldn't afford to travel with the gas prices the way they are.

During the time I was there I got to play with most of the kids, it was fun I really enjoyed being around children again. 5:30pm came and I was told I could go as there were only a handful of kids left. Depending on how many Children are in the Class gets to determine my hours and such. Okay this sucks I've only been here 2hrs and I'm being sent home.

So now I have a decision to make whether to stick it out in this place, or go for the housekeeping job. The housekeeping job guarantees 30hrs a week, and I'll have a steady schedule from 9am till about 2 or 3pm. The housekeeping job isn't what I really want to do, I'd probably enjoy the day care job. But then the day care job comes with all the complicated scheduling, and trying to even get there. I'm also looking at the money, both jobs are minimum wage, but I'd get more hours = more money at the housekeeping job.

On another note I have 2 Interviews on Friday, one for a Receptionist position and one for the Hallmark store. So even if I quit the day care job and go for the housekeeping one, I might not be able to go to those interviews. Unless I say I can't start till Saturday.

Ugh I don't know what to do, any advice?