Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Ugh yesterday wasn't really good, I was meant to start work at 9 and finish at 12noon. The Mall doesn't open until 10am so I assumed I would be putting out stock for the first hour or something. Clayton worked 9-5 yesterday so he dropped me off and then he went to work. Turned out there was no one in the store, I went round the back of the store and rang the bell, I also called the store no one was there. So I waited till about 9:45 when my boss turns up and says, "Are you working today?" and I said yes 9-12 and then she goes "Oh no that's tonight" Apparently there was an F next to my hours which means 'Floor Time' when they change the whole store around. I was a bit peed off to say the least as she never told me or the new girls what the O/C and F meant. She wanted me to come back at 9pm, I had really no choice as those were my only 3hrs of the week, which I can't afford to turn down.

So I waited in the mall for half the day as I had no ride to get back home, and the Bus doesn't come up till later in the day. Clayton's uncle ended up picking me up, which was nice of him, I told him the whole story and he was also annoyed with them too.

Anyway's 9pm came and I was at the mall as it was closing, there were about 15 girls there in the store ready to change the floor sets. We were getting rid of all the Mother's day stuff and changing over for summer, they ordered pizza for us and it was fun for the first hour and then it got bloody hard work. Time rolled by and next thing I knew it was 12:45am I'm sorry but I'm outta there, Clayton was working early this morning and wasn't really fair on him. So I left around 1am, everyone was still there when I left, I have no idea when they all packed up.

And that was my day yesterday, I'm still looking for another job. Maybe I'll get more luck with another job soon, I really haven't had much luck with US companies.