Sunday, July 25, 2004

Somehow our plans for the weekend were shot once again, Friday we were meant to go to Silver Lake Park to go paddle boating. But Clayton's work called for him to take an extra shift, and seeming we need the money he couldn't turn it down. So I went to the Mall with him for his 5hr shift, and just hang out there. I got some 'Thank you' cards for all our Wedding gifts, so I need to send those out soon. After Clayton finished work we went to his real estate office to have a few things notarized for the visa. After that we ended up just going home, as it was so warm they had forecasted 94 on Sat&Sun.

Friday night I started to get really ill, I felt tired, dizzy, really weak, and I ran a really high temperature. I suffered a really high fever all night long, and wasn't much better by the morning. I phoned my mother, as she's a Doctor's receptionist back in the UK, and knows a lot of stuff. She thought I had
'Heat Exhaustion' she told Clayton to put some water in a glass with some salt & sugar to get my sugar, salt levels back up. I had to drink about 4 glasses during the day and it tasted horrible. But it did the trick, I was a little better by the afternoon. I had spend all day in bed with an ice pack and the fan going full. Clayton had to call Marsha to cancel Sunday as he wasn't sure if I'd be better or not.

I'm a little better today, but we've stayed in all day just relaxing and watching tv. It's been quite scary, as I've never had that before, but I guess I'm just not used to the heat. I'm very fair as well, so I bet that didn't help much, I will have to be more careful if I go out in the heat from now on. Take loads of water, sunglasses and a sun hat etc.

Tomorrow the car is going into the shop so we won't have the car for about 3days. So I'll be in for the most of the next 3 days. Which is fine by me, as I need to get my strength back up.

Hope everyone is doing well, I just wanted to let everyone know what happened with me.