Tuesday, July 20, 2004

New blog layout, I needed a change I thought it looked more summary what does everyone else think? I also added a countup clock to say how long Clayton and I have been married.
 
This past weekend has been pretty tough, Friday started off with me having a TD (tetanus diphtheria) shot. I needed the shot for the Immigration process, so that cost me $40 I just walked in their walk in clinic. Then we headed down to the County office to get a copy of our Marriage certificate, which apparently wasn't there. Laura our pastor said she would take our certificate to the county court office on the 7th the day after our Wedding, for it to be processed and filled. We waited in line for over 30mins to be told that there was no marriage certificate, so I thought great we aren't even legally married yet. I phoned Laura to double check that she handed it in and she was sure that it was handed in in person on the 7th. So it looks like the county office had lost or misplaced our Marriage certificate. We were given another Wedding certificate, in which we had to fill out all our info again and get 2 witnesses to sign as well as Laura to fill in part of the form. We had to come back Monday file the form, then we might actually be legally married.

We left the county office all tired & hungry so we went to have food. After that we headed home, but unfortunately we ended up having a car accident. As we were pulling off in the left lane, the cars infront had a backup of only a little, the cars didn't go forward enough in time and we ended up side swiping another car. I was a little bit shaken because it all happened on my side, I had the window wide open and all the glass went flying in. Luckily no one was hurt, and that's the main thing. We pulled off too the side with the other vehicle, they were Italian and didn't speak any English. So it was quite hard to have a conversation with them. A third vehicle pulled off which was their translator and he didn't speak that much English ether. The police were called, so we had to wait for all that fun stuff, the police lady said it was Clayton's fault regardless. Luckily they didn't issue any ticket for him, I think he was punished enough with the price of the repairs. It's gonna cost $505 to repair everything, the right fender needs to be replaced as well as some work on the bumper.

Saturday we didn't do much, Clayton tried to get some quotes for the car but most places we're closed on a Saturday. Sunday Clayton worked all day, so I spend the day cleaning and such. Monday we spend the day looking around for estimates for the car, after that we went to Clayton's real estate office to pay some bills and talk with Marsha our co-sponsor for the visa. I haven't done much today, Clayton worked till 5:30pm I worked on my visa forms and information. I need to file for my adjustment of status by August 3rd so not long.

Oh I did get a call from Laura our Pastor, and guess what? Yeap she found our Marriage certificate. She must have turned in the wrong set of forms, because she found ours Monday morning while filling. We have to go down on Thursday, to get a copy of our certificate.

Oh one last thing Happy Birthday Mum I hope you had a great day, and I wish I could be there.