Monday, June 28, 2004

Well a week tomorrow I'll be a married woman, gosh it's gone by so quick. My family get in tomorrow, we pick them up at the Airport at like 8pm. I need to check in to their hotel before we leave for the Airport, so I'm gonna put a few groceries in there for them like Milk and snacks and things.

The weekend went well, I picked my Wedding Dress up on the Friday that cost me $60. It looks nice all pressed and cleaned, I had to ask the lady to put a white sheet over it because I didn't want Clayton to see it. Then we headed down to the Chapel to talk to Laura our Pastor. We went over the ceremony and what vows we'll say, she's going to e mail us an outline of everything. We also decided to do a Unity Candle, where the moms of the Bride & Groom light the two side Candles which represent the two individual families, then Clayton and I will each take one of the side candles and light the main candle, which will mean our Family and life is one. I thought it was a really nice thing to do, so on the way home we stopped at the Mall to get the Candles. We also went to the Court house to get our Marriage license, that was funny they had to swear us in, with us raising our right hand and swearing to tell the truth. That cost us $55, what really annoyed me, was that they didn't have forms for people who had emigrated. I had to write my UK address down, which is actually longer than any US address, and when I was done the form looked a mess. Oh well, I still think they should supply forms for people who emigrated.

Saturday we went to Clayton's parents place for lunch, Clayton's mom wanted to go over all the Wedding details with us. Lunch was lovely we had Salmon, it felt a bit strange saying Grace at the table though. I'm not a religious person, I never went to church, I went to Sunday School when I was young. Clayton on the other hand went to Church all his life till he was 18, so it did feel strange saying that. I didn't even know grace, so I just remained silent, I know the lords prayer from school, but wasn't to sure on this one. I felt a tiny bit embarrassed, I did talk to Clayton about how I felt afterwards though.


So anyway here is the plan for the week ahead so far....

Tuesday June 29th - Clayton & Natalie Pick up my Family at the Airport.
Wednesday June 30th - My Family get over Jet Lag.
Thursday July 1st - Wedding Rehearsal at the Chapel at 8pm
Friday July 2nd - Everyone meets up at Clayton's Parents place for dinner.
Saturday July 3rd - Clayton & Natalie take my two younger sisters to Seattle for the day, then pick up her big sister at 8pm. Clayton's parents also take my parents and grandparents out for the day.
Sunday July 4th - Wedding rehearsal Dinner at the mariner restaurant by Bellingham Bay. All Natalie's and Clayton's Family, watch independence day Celebrations over the bay.
Monday July 5th - Clayton's mom Natalie, her mom gran & sisters go up to the Chapel to set up the decorations for the Wedding.
Tuesday July 6th - Clayton & Natalie get Married, The day of the Wedding. Wedding starts at 3pm.
Wednesday July 7th - Clayton and Natalie Stayed in the Hotel Bellwether by the bay for honeymoon night check out is at noon. Take back Clayton's Tux. Natalie's mom Clayton's uncle take Sarah my big sister back to the Airport.

So we have a busy week ahead of us, my family fly back to the UK July 12th so I'm sure we'll be doing other stuff with them from the 8th-11th. Oooh look at our first Wedding present Multi Region DVD Player My mum & dad bought it for me, I wanted a Multi Region player to play my UK DVD's I've been wanting one of these for ages. So at least now I can play my UK DVD's, I can't wait, I haven't had it yet but I'm waiting patently for it to be delivered.

Ugh this is so not fair I just checked the Weather Channel and it's 60% risk of showers for Tuesday July 6th, all this week is all Sunny and warm and for the Wedding it's rain. Noooo please change!!