Monday, June 14, 2004

Well it's Monday yet again, I've had a lovely weekend. Friday we went to my local British store Piccadilly Circus I had such a great time, I bought some Snow Flakes and a packet of Hob Nobs, I was in heaven, there were loads of my favorite chocolate and British foods. They also had Robinson Orange Squash which is like a deluded juice drink, you just add water. They had Birds English Trifle and of course I bought a box. I felt a little more happier that there was a store close by that sells a bit of my home foods, I don't feel as homesick. The lady there was lovely her husband is British and he started the store originally, we had a lovely chat. And she even offered me a job, if I ever wanted to start work I could work in the store gift shop or the tea rooms/restaurant they have there. I told her I'd take her up on that offer when I've learned how to drive, seeming it's like an hour away. But it'll be nice to work in a store like that, bringing a little bit of my culture to the area.

We also went to visit a lady that does Wedding Cakes, called Cake KeepSakes. I found her online, and saw her cakes they are lovely. We talked for a while, and I looked through her portfolio we also had a yummy cake tasting mmm. We chose this heart cake, she's also going to decorate it with Lavender and White Roses. We now only have the Caterer to sort out, we were thinking and we thought it might just be easier to order the platters and not waste the money on a Caterer. We were looking at Haggens they have some nice meat & cheese platters as well as fresh fruit platters.

On Saturday we went to the Deming Log Show it was fun to see all the loggers doing relay races and then when they climb a 90ft tree in like 20 seconds that's amazing. We had fun going round the fun stalls and the fair ground. I was glad the weather had stayed sunny and dry. Sunday evening we went to see Garfield The Movie I so loved that movie it was great very funny, Bill Murray did wonderful with his voice. I can't wait till it comes out on DVD hehe.