Monday, May 10, 2004

Wow it's been a while since I last posted. Things are going well here, gotten over the Jet lag. Been cleaning the Cottage up a lot trying to get it more like home. We tried to get a wardrobe/closet, but no luck. Here's a UK/US cultural difference for ya, US houses have closets already build in. Where as UK houses don't, I thought it would be easy to find a Wardrobe but it's been really hard.

Because our Cottage is small we didn't have a closet build in although we do have like a clothes rail in the bathroom. But I don't want to hang all my clothes in the bathroom really. Well, we ended up finding a $50 storage cabinet at Wal-mart. It's a wood finish which will match our bedroom furniture, it's exactly like a Wardrobe just with shelves. So we are going to do a little bit of DIY and take the shelves out and fix a rod at the top.

Yesterday we went to Clayton's parents to wish his mum a happy mothers day. Clayton's mother gave me a hug, and welcomed me to the US. Which was a step in the right direction, Clayton's parents haven't exactly been very supportive of us and our relationship. So it was nice to feel a little bit welcomed.

Today Clayton is working till 6pm so I have all day to do more house work, and get the place the way I like it. It's really quiet out here, I tend to put my music on to get some sound in this place. Coming from a a full house to a small Cottage in the country is really strange and I'm not used to all the peace and quiet.

Tomorrow we are planning on driving up to the North Fork Wedding Chapel to see what it's like. And so the wedding plans begin :):)