Monday, April 04, 2005

Note to self : Never slam the car door on your middle finger, and not realize it. Then walk away from the car pulling your finger from the door. It hurts!!!!

Yes you read that right, how stupid can one person be huh. This incident happened Saturday afternoon, when I decided I wanted to spend money, which we didn't have. Walking out of the car, I slammed the car door shut with apparently my finger in the door. Stupidly enough I didn't realize my finger was caught and started to walk away from the car, pulling my finger from the door. Next thing I was screaming bloody murder, 2 ice packs and 3 pills later, we went home to rest my poor finger.

The following morning and no signs of improvement, my poor finger was black and blue. Called the doctor on call, and was told to apply ice packs and elevate finger. No problem, subsequently resulting in Clayton's uncle and father phoning to ask why was I flicking them the finger through our Kitchen window. Nevertheless issue was resolved by the end of the night, after much persuading.

Monday morning, finger still in a lot of pain was dragged to the Doctors by my loving husband. Sat in a waiting room for an hour, was seen by a very nice Nurse and Doctor, in which I had to tell my embarrassing story both laughed and asked "Didn't you feel the door close on your finger?" More waiting and an X-Ray later, nothing broken. Was told I'd have to drain my nail, as I had a hematoma (Blood Clot) this resulted in a very painful procedure where the Doctor drilled a small hole in my nail to release the pressure. Left the Doctors at 10:15am, with more pain in my finger than when I went in.

If anyone would like to pay their respects and wish my finger well, please leave a comment under this post. Thank you.