Monday, December 13, 2004

Wow, I really need to post more. Been really busy this week I don't know where the time goes. I'm doing a lot more child minding, the deal is that I child mind every four days then 2 off. Ben's mom works as a house cleaner and that's her schedule, so we all follow suit. I don't mind looking after Ben he's a sweetie, it's just we've gotten lumbered in transporting Ben's mom to work and being the taxi service. We both get up at 5:30am to leave the house by 6:15am to be up at their house by 7am to take her to work by 7:30am. Then she finishes at 4pm, but Clayton is working most of the time till 5pm so he can't pick her up till then. By the time we get home it's like 7pm, so it's a really long day. I know we get paid a fair amount for doing most of this, but I just like a steady pace job.

I'm going to start learning to drive soon, I'm studying the Washington State drivers ed book. Clayton's uncle said he'd take me out to learn, as soon as we get some time. I need to get my learners permit, according to the book I can get any random person to teach me how to drive I don't need an instructor. I need to have so many hours of driving under my belt before I can take the test, then once I feel confident enough I just go and do it.

Last week I went to apply for my Social security number, I had all my information and it only took me about 10mins in the Federal building. According to the lady, Immigration hadn't even added me to the system yet which was strange. Once I've been confirmed as legal with the Social security Office, my number should arrive in the next few weeks.

Send all my packages and Christmas cards to the UK last week, it cost me all in all about $100. Next year I'm gonna send the Christmas presents in November by Boat, it'll be a lot cheaper.

Clayton brought home another big present for me at the weekend, it's sitting under the tree looking all mysterious with all the others. I'm having so many presents from everyone back home. I'm averaging out a package a day :)

This Friday I'm heading to the Welsh Womens Meeting, I missed last months because I had Ben. I'm looking forward to this months meeting, we are also stopping by World Market for some lovely UK goodies, thanks to Joy for letting me know.

Well I think that's about it.