Friday, December 17, 2004

Today I went to my Welsh Women's Meeting, it was more like a Christmas party. We were all getting together at one of the Members house, it was a pot luck lunch where everyone brings something. I brought a batch of my homemade Welsh Cawl. It was really nice to get together with everyone, I missed the socializing. I know a lot of them are a lot older than me, but it's nice to get out of the house and share my Interests and passions of my home country. I was asked to say something before lunch in Welsh, and I was a little bit embarrassed that I didn't know much of my own home Countries Language. I got the courage and said "Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda" Which in English is "Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year" It's funny how you get more country proud when you leave. I wished now I had learned the Welsh language more. I can still learn it, and plan to ask my mum to send me a Welsh Language tape for me to learn.

After lunch I met back up with Clayton and headed down to World Market where I got many British foods and treats for Christmas. I had put a little money away for some things, it's funny what you take for granted after you emigrate. I took a little pic of my goodies.


Christmas Treats Posted by Hello

One of the members of my Welsh meeting mentioned another British store near by called The British Pantry. I was all so excited of another store near by. So Clayton and I decided to go searching for it, 2hrs later we still couldn't find the store, and it was getting late. So we decided to call it a night. We weren't that far from it, but being in an area where you aren't use to, get's to be a little difficult. Clayton promised me we'd stop by there next month on the way down to the next Welsh meeting. As now we have better directions on getting there.

Another bit of news is that we are getting digital cable. We used to have regular cable for like $20 a month, as it was a special offer with a local company. But now that the offer has finished it's gone back up to $40 for like 60 channels. So we decided to switch cable companies, the one we are going with now has an offer for a year. Digital cable with over 120 channels including BBC America for like $30 a month. I thought for $10 extra you can gain extra channels including one very important one :) The guy might be coming out tomorrow to install it, or Tuesday we'll get it for sure. Can't wait, just in time for Christmas too.