Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful day and got all the gifts you wanted. Clayton and I had a lovely day, I had many presents from Clayton's family and my family & friends. We had Christmas eve dinner at Clayton's Uncles house, with Clayton's parents. It's their family tradition to open gifts Christmas eve, well it's the German tradition really, Clayton's family is part German. So we had dinner, then opened our gifts. I had lovely gifts off Clayton's parents, including some Egyptian cotton Bed sheets, and Flannel Bed sheets too. We also had a Bread maker between us. I had some gift certificates for the mall as well as some money.

After opening our gifts we watched "The Snowman" It's a UK cartoon that we always watched on xmas day. I managed to get a copy of it at GoodWill, which was really good luck.

By 11pm we went home, and I set the webcam up for my family back in the UK. My family phoned at 11:30pm which was 7:30am Christmas morning, their time. And I talked to my family over speaker phone and watched everyone open their gifts. I was getting really homesick at that point, as I wasn't there with everyone. Clayton and I opened my families gifts over the webcam also. I had many UK goodies, such as some UK Comedy shows like Only Fools and Horses and Absolutely Fabulous I also had some nice Tops that my mother gave me. After everything was opened and we said goodbye, Clayton and I headed for Bed.

Christmas morning Clayton and I opened our gifts together, Clayton got me a lovely Foot Spa, which I had asked for. He also bought me a wonderful China Tea Set, as I love tea so much lol, it's really pretty it has blue roses on it. I'll take a picture of everything tomorrow and add it to the blog.

After talking more with my family, I put my Turkey Breast in the oven. I was making my first Christmas Lunch for Clayton and I. This was our menu...

Turkey
Mashed potatoes
Roast potatoes
Roasted Parsnips
Carrots
Peas
Cabbage
Mashed Rutabaga (Swede)
Stuffing
Gravy

And Christmas Pudding and Cream for desert.

Everything turned out wonderful, and I was quite pleased with myself. We also had Christmas Crackers that my sister Sarah had made for us.

After Christmas Lunch we just sat down and relaxed watching our DVDs. Tomorrow afternoon we are going round to Clayton's parents for afternoon tea. It's been a wonderful first Christmas for Clayton and I, I got quite homesick earlier this afternoon, and got a little teary. But I guess that's to be expected on the first Christmas away from my home Country and family.

Well that's about it here, stop by for some pictures tomorrow.

Merry Christmas everyone.