Wednesday, December 01, 2004

It's December the 1st yey! Time for a New Winter Blog Layout. The picture is of Mount Baker the local Mountain here, there's a ski area up there and I found a photo site with some neat pictues. Thanks Grant for your help.

Well we had a good thanksgiving, it was kinda wired eating Turkey not on Christmas day though. Clayton's mom made the traditional thanksgiving meal, we also had a Green Bean casserole. I tasted Eggnog for the first time, it tasted like cinnamon I thought it would taste more creamer but no, hmm I didn't really like it that much. My English trifle turned out really well, everyone seemed to enjoy it which was good. They also had Pumpkin Pie for desert as it was the traditional desert to have.

Had a good weekend, we went out on Saturday to the British Shop. I wanted to get a few treats for Christmas. Didn't get everything I wanted, the lady is going to hold my box of Quality Street.

I've put some Christmas lights up around the cottage and outside, Clayton and I are hoping to go to the Christmas Tree farm on Friday to pick our tree up. I can't wait to have our First Christmas together.

We went Christmas shopping some more yesterday, I was babysitting so we took Ben along. Clayton and I split up in the Mall as he wanted to get things for yours truly, he got this huge package and had it gift wrapped. Oooh I'm excited to know what it is now. We met back up for lunch and went to a local restaurant, everyone was paying attention to Ben. And funnily enough everyone assumed he was ours, a lady asked where did he get his blonde curls from. I laughed and said he wasn't ours, and that we were babysitting.

Had a few packages from my mum this week, which was nice. A few DVD's with some TV shows I miss. It was nice to watch them, as I miss TV over there. I also got a Christmas CD from my dad, with many Christmas songs from when we were younger. Made me a little homesick listening to them though.

This weekend we are going to a local town where they have a Christmas parade and they turn on the Christmas lights. Can't wait to go to that.

Almost forgot to mention... On Monday evening we had quite a snow storm here. I was so excited to see it snowing. Clayton said we wouldn't get much snow here, and if we did it would be in January. So he was quite surprised to see so much Monday night. I'm hoping it'll snow some more before Christmas, I love snow.