Sunday, November 21, 2004

Wow has it truly been a week since my last post, I have to start blogging more. Well my week has been pretty good, as you know I went Christmas shopping on Monday. Got a lot of presents that I wanted to get, we also got a lot of Christmas Decorations for our place. After going shopping I felt more in the Christmas mood. While I was shopping I met a lovely couple who were from England, they had a stall in the mall and we got talking. They've been here in Washington for over 40yrs now, and they still have their British Accents. Hopefully I won't lose my Welsh Accent over time.

The new furniture is working out rather well, I bought some nice throws for them on Monday as well as some nice cushions in Target. Thanks Joy for the tip :)

From Tuesday to Saturday I Babysat so I haven't had a lot of time. Speaking of Babysitting I'm thinking of putting in an application to the State for them to pay me for the Child Care that I've been doing. I don't think they pay all that much, but every little helps.

On Tuesday I received my Welcome letter from the Immigration Department. Welcoming me to the United States as a Permanent Resident. It said I'd receive my Green Card in about 3wks. Then on Saturday guess what I got.. My Green Card. Yey I can't believe I've got it, and the card looks really cool too. It has my picture and fingerprint with all my information on it. The card is also Holographic it has the Statue of Liberty, and the Eagle. I was going to take a picture of the card, but it didn't turn out as good as I hoped. So I'm working on trying to draw a copy of it in PSP. I thought it would be good to post it on the site.

Thanksgiving is this coming Thursday, my first Thanksgiving in the USA. Clayton and I are going down his parents for the traditional Thanksgiving meal. And I'm actually making a traditional English Trifle for desert. Speaking of Holidays, Clayton managed to get Boxing Day off, the Day after Christmas. I was so happy he managed to get it off.

Well that's about my news from here.