Monday, March 01, 2004

Well today is Saint Davids Day, the day where us Welsh People celebrate our patron saint of Wales. You can read the history of our Saint Davids Day here and here It was cool today at work all the School children were dressed up in Welsh Costumes. The Girls wear a petticoat and overcoat, made of Welsh flannel, and a tall beaver hat, worn over a frilled white bonnet. And The Boys wear a white shirt with a jabbot and wrist frills, a Welsh flannel waistcoat, black breeches, long woollen socks and black shoes. To complete the outfit they wore a flat beaver hat. You can see an example of the Welsh Costumes here

Oooh this is cool looks like Saint David's day is also being celebrated in the US too... Wales Celebrates it's Day

I thought I'd add my picture of my Welsh Winnie the pooh for all too see..



Happy Saint Davids Day, Dydd Hapus Dewi Sant!

In other news today, I finally gave my notice in for work. I'll be finishing at the end of the week. I was just getting so much grief there and couldn't be asked to deal with them anymore. I was coming to a point where I hated and was dreading getting up in the morning to go to work. But now I'm getting second thoughts and was thinking I should have stayed there until I was ready to leave for the US. Hmm at least now I'll have time to sort stuff out before I leave, I really need to sort and ship everything to Clayton.