Thursday, January 29, 2004

Ugh well today hasn't been a good day. This morning I kinda tripped and fell down the stairs and some how sprained or twisted my ankle. It's really killing me and is all swollen and tender. So I was off work today resting the foot with a cold compress. The swelling hasn't gone down much, and I'm still in agony. So my aunt is going to take me to casualty first thing tomorrow morning to see if everything is ok. I think I might have pulled the ligaments in my foot somehow, but we'll soon see when I go to the hospital tomorrow.

And I'm probably going to get fired from my work when I go back. Ugh I've had loads of major problems with my work the last couple of months. I was off sick a couple of times last year with general stomach bugs, I work in the restaurant there so I had to stay off work. Well, when I got back I had an attendance review which resulted in a verbal warning. Then do you guys remember when I was sick with vertigo a couple of months back I was off sick for about 3 days and had a Doctors sick note to say I wasn't fit to work. When I got back to work I had another attendance review in which this time I had a written warning.

Then on New Year's eve I had very bad flu, but went into work as I didn't want another warning. I had a very high temperature but kept working. I was told by the duty manager to go home as I was so sick. She checked with the manager, and I went home. I missed about an hour of work. When I went back to work on my next shift, I had yet again another attendance review, which apparently let into an investigatory meeting into my sickness. I had the meeting the next day, which resulted in a final written warning. All because they send me home, how insane is that?? I only missed like an hour of work, but apparently that still is a sick day too them.

So tomorrow now I'm probably going to ether have another final warning or get sacked because I fell down the stairs. I didn't think you can get sacked for being sick? Grr I'm not a happy bunny.