Friday, April 27, 2007

Being a student in the USA has been a challenge; from meeting new friends to even understanding the grading system. The most recent is being sororities, because I'm now an "Honor student" I've been officially invited to the Phi Theta Kappa - The International Honor Society. I'm trying to understand what's involved and if it's worth it for me to become a member. If I'm not mistaken there are social sororities and academic ones, this one I've been invited to is a academic one which can help members find jobs after they graduate and even scholarships are offered. I feel very honored to be invited, and if this will help me get a scholarship for my BA that will be great. I will continue researching to help my decision I have to submit the application by Wednesday. If anyone is a member please let me know of your experience.