Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Wow I only have another 3 weeks left in college for this quarter. I finish my English class a week early, which is nice. I'm already picking my classes for the fall; I'll be taking English 101, Introduction to Graphic Design (which I'm really looking forward too) and Introduction to Art. I was thinking of taking some classes this summer, but my family will be here the first two weeks of class so that won't work. Clayton will be graduating with his AA after he takes his last 3 classes in the fall, then he'll be off to the nearby University for his BA.

This last quarter I've found a couple of classmates that I've befriended, which has been really lovely. Funnily enough the one person I've really befriended with isn't really in my age group, but that doesn't matter. I've always made friends with women who were older than me. It's been nice to socialize a little bit.

I've finally uploaded some pictures from my art class you can see some of them here... but here is just a tiny preview..


Tree
Originally uploaded by Natalie & Clayton.


I finally got the hang of drawing trees! This drawing went to hang on the wall in the hallway.


Color - Tree
Originally uploaded by Natalie & Clayton.


Art 112, my landscape color tree. Experimenting with color pastels.


Shadow Portrait
Originally uploaded by Natalie & Clayton.


Personally I feel this drawing is rather scary looking. The object of shadow drawing is to draw the light and dark shadows. I feel I worked well with these portraits.