Friday, November 18, 2005

It's funny how people perceive accents, especially Welsh accents. Like today I was at work and was booking a Birthday party and the lady asked "Which part of Sweden are you from" I said "Oh I'm not from Sweden I'm actually Welsh" she replies "Ah so your English, which part of England are you from" "I'm from Wales, it's a separate country next to England." Don't people know the countries in the United Kingdom.

Since I've emigrated I've had people say I'm German, Scottish, Irish and even French. But saying that my sister went into a shop the other day, and the lady asked her "What part of America are you from" my sister said "I'm Welsh lived here all my life" She must be getting some of my American twang through the phone. And yes I do have an American twang, I've had to change the way I speak. It's really strange cause I can turn the American twang on, and just turn it off just like that. I noticed the way American's speak and say my name they say it Nah-a-lie hardly pronouncing the T. I think the Welsh and generally the English to, over pronounce the T.

I don't think I'll ever loose my Welsh Accent it is very strong, although adjusting to the way American's speak is really interesting. It's like learning a whole new language.

Well Clayton's home in an hour and I need to finish cooking dinner, Lemon Chicken with broccoli and Roast potatoes.