Wednesday, June 02, 2004

I'm back yay. As you may or may not know our computer was offline for a few days. Thanks sis for leaving a message for everyone. Monday night the computer just crashed and wouldn't work properly when we restarted we got a black screen with an error message in C drive. So Clayton and I spend all day Tuesday trying to fix the problem. I think we were on the phone for a good 5hrs to the computer technical support line. They told us there was an error in the software and we'd have to reinstall Windows 98 back to the factory settings. So basically we lost everything that was saved on the computer before. Luckily we both didn't have that much to lose. It's taken us all day today to reinstall all our software including the Internet then all the Instant Messengers and such. But thankfully it's running a lot better than what it was, so that's good.

We've also had problems with our Car, on the weekend the car battery died. So we had to buy and replace the car battery that cost $60. Then Monday night we noticed the headlights weren't working, so Clayton took it to the Car dealer thinking it just needed the bulbs changed. Turns out the casing of the headlight had been smashed, probably by a stone or something. So that'll cost $240 including labor to repair.

Also I haven't been able to call home the last couple of days. Because the stupid phone company blocked our Long Distance service. We normally use the 10 10 987 number which is a United States number to call long distance for a cheap rate. Well Clayton had previously signed up for a long distance plan with a local phone company, until he found out about the 10 10 number. And so he cancelled this Long Distance service just before I got here. Well, what this stupid phone company has done is, when they stopped our long distance service they blocked the 10 10 number also. Grr stupid people, Clayton's just phoned them and sorted it out, So it should be back online soon.

So the last couple of days haven't been all that good. It's one thing after another at the moment. We had a good weekend though, we didn't go and see Shrek 2 afterall, it was a holiday weekend. And all the kids were out of School so we knew it would be busy with kids. We ended up going to see "The Day After Tomorrow" which was really good, we both enjoyed it. Ooh I also liked the fact that the Movie theatre was letting you have Free refills of Popcorn. Is that a new thing in the US or what? I knew you could get free refills of drinks but popcorn that is soo cool.

We also bought our Digital Camera, we went shopping for one on Saturday. And we found this one a Kodak Easy Share. It's really cute, I liked it. It was ether this one or a Fuji Film one. And I'm not too keen on Fuji I've heard they aren't that good. So we bought the Kodak one. We're thinking of buying the printer dock soon to go with it.

Liza our cat is getting better day by day, she's a lot more at ease with us. And Clayton is even taking a fondness to her, she's so cute. It's great to have a cat around the house again. She's really funny, Clayton's been leaving for work early in the mornings the last few days, he normally leaves me in bed for a sleep in. Well when he leaves, I hear a cry and a scratching on the door I open the door and she comes in meowing at me. She then jumps on the bed to keep me company.

I took a picture of her with my new Digital Camera ain't she cute. :) 

Posted by Hello

I added more pictures of her to my MSN Photo group here you'll have to join if you haven't already. It's a members only group, please be sure you say who you are in your application. I won't accept blank applications. Also this group is where you'll find photos of Clayton & Natalie's First meeting, Photos of our Wales UK trip and Christmas meeting. And for those who haven't seen our Cottage, there's an Album there to go through the Keyhole of Clayton & Natalie's Country Cottage. Hope you enjoy, I'll approve you all as soon as I can.