Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Last week was pretty hectic we did have a lot of snow, it started Tuesday morning and continued pretty much all week. It was really pretty to look at, especially on the Evergreen trees, I took this lovely shot...




The snow is pretty much gone now, and we are back to rain.

This Monday I had an appointment for my Birth Control, I go to 'Planned Parenthood' I normally get it pretty cheap, as Washington State has this type of Insurance called 'Take Charge' that helps young people with low income. I had to re apply for this insurance every year, so I was filling out the form and there was this question about my residency and green card. I could only apply for it if I've been in the US for 5yrs. So I went and asked the lady as they approved my application last time, and she told me basically to say yes and see if they accept me again. I checked with many of the websites and they only say 'If your a resident and have a Green Card' I will be fighting this if it comes back negative as they did approve the first time, and I hadn't even been in the US for 3months then.

After my appointment I went to the Mall to shop for Christmas presents, turns out it was more of a day for me. I had my hair cut and colored, and I also went to have my nails done. So it was a pampering afternoon, I ended up having acrylic nails, which actually look really good. However the lady got all pissed at me, as she thought I wasn't going to give her a tip, she looked at me and said 'Tip, tip" I can't believe how much not giving a tip is frowned upon. I ended up giving her a couple of dollars, I guess I got annoyed as she really shouldn't have assumed that she'll get a tip.

Well only 11 more days until we fly to London, it's really going by so fast I'm looking forward to it. I just put my order in for British pounds, I'll go and collect it now on the 12th.