Thursday, March 24, 2005

Finished working for this week, don't go back to work till Tuesday. The CPR class was okay, some things were different to what I had learned back in the UK, like the recovery position was different. There were about 12 people from different Curves around the area, and all the girls were like "Aww you've got such a cute accent" it's fun to get all the attention, I'm actually teaching some of my work colleagues some British words, well it was kinda by accident. Some of the girls and I were talking and I said "I'm so chuffed" and they were like huh? I had to explain to them what it meant, found this English-American dictionary to make it clearer for them.

"chuffed adj. Someone who describes themselves as being chuffed is generally happy with life. You can also get away with saying you are unchuffed or dischuffed if something gets your back up. Make sure you only use this word in the correct tense and familiarize yourself with the meaning of the word chuff too."

All the girls are going round the work-out circuit saying "I'm so chuffed" funny huh ;) I'm hoping to get together with them soon, one of the girls does Scrapbooking with Creative Memories. I'd really like to start one for Clayton, and me like the story of how we met online and such. I have so many things from our relationship and thought it would be really cool to put them in a Scrapbook.

I can't believe in a months time I would have been in the US for a year, I emigrated over here May 4th. It's gone by so quick, I really hope Clayton and I can go back to the UK for Christmas this year. I'm really missing everyone back home, my niece is 5 on the 31st of March and I won't be going to her party. I was telling Clayton the other day, that when people notice my accent the whole story comes out on why I moved here and such. And then everyone goes, "I can't believe you moved and left your family, I could never do that." It's like a constant reminder of what I left behind. I don't mind the attention but sometimes it's just very hard to deal with.