Wednesday, January 26, 2005

My interview at the YMCA went rather well. Everyone was really friendly and nice, and with me being from a different country it kinda broke the ice a little bit. Ben's grandmother had given me a good reference to, so I'm hopeful. They said they'd call me towards the end of the week with a decision, so fingers crossed everyone. I'd really love this job, it'll be nice to get back out there and meet new people.

My Curves workout went really well. The ladies were all so very nice, and made me feel welcome, I was shown how to work all the machines, and they did a complete workout with me. I felt really good afterwards, and I didn't ache that much. I'm going again tomorrow, so that's good.

Yesterday in Wales was St. Dwynwen's Day. It commemorates the patron saint of friendship and love. It's basically the Welsh equivalent of St. Valentine's Day. Not very many people celebrate it in Wales though. I made Clayton a Welsh St. Valentine's Day card, he was kinda surprised he was getting something so early, and then he was like 'Ooh I get two Valentine's Days'

Oh I forget to mention, one day last week my new mother in law asked Clayton how I'd feel about her taking me shopping one Saturday. That's a surprise, looks like I'm starting to be accepted which is great. Hopefully we'll be able to get to know each other a bit better, and given time things will be a little less uncomfortable between us.