Thursday, January 06, 2005

Edited Version from earlier today.

Today is our 6mth anniversary of being married, I can't believe it's been 6mths already. Clayton surprised me with a Romantic Weekend getaway to Vancouver Canada seeming I'm a permanent resident now, I can leave the country, we only live like 30mins from the Canadian border. We were meant to spend a night in a Hotel Friday night, and have all day Saturday in Vancouver. But you never guess what we are getting.. Snow and not just a sprinkle either they are forecasting about 3ins. So we might not go this weekend, depends on the weather, if not we'll probably go next weekend. I know 3ins is nothing compared to some States across the US, but this is really exciting for me, we never got a lot of snow in Wales, I'm such a big kid when it come to snow.

Today my views on snow changed, it has snowed all day today from 8am onwards and it's still coming down really heavy. We had Ben again today, and we left our cottage at noon to pick his mother up and to take them back home. The roads were pretty bad so we went really slow and careful. Ben's mom wanted to run some errands, which I wasn't to happy about seeming it was snowing so bad. They live right up in the hills by a huge lake, so I knew it would be bad getting up there. After her errands we started to make our way to their place. I really had a feeling something bad was going to happen, you know you just get that feeling, well I was right.

We were heading down a small hill, and Clayton lost total control of the car, as we glided down the hill into a ditch. Everyone was okay, no one was hurt thankfully. The ice and snow on the roads were just so slick. We tried to push the car out, but it was wedged right in the mud. So Clayton had to phone AAA to get a toe truck out and help us, which took about 3hrs. Ben and Michele (Ben's Mom) decided to hitch a ride with someone passing by, so she could get the baby home. And so Clayton and I were stuck waiting for the toe truck.

During this time we watched many other accidents happen, I tried to yell at some of the cars to slow down and stop. A huge gravel truck skidded down the hill and slammed right into another car. It was really bad, most of the cars had toe people come out and help them, while we were still waiting for AAA. What really annoyed me though was after all these accidents the stupid sand truck comes through to sand the roads, I'm like "A bit late now mate".

AAA finally arrived and we were toed out, we mangaged to get home safely without a problem. lol nice way to spend a 6mth anniversary, but at least we were together. We are expecting snow all through the weekend, so we won't be going to Vancouver, we are waiting till next weekend.


I'm going to order the Walk Away the Pounds DVD's I really need to get back on my diet and try and lose weight. I can't believe how much weight I've put on, I really feel bad with myself, I need to lose something. Starting Monday Clayton and I are going back on a strict diet and exercise regime. Clayton's also put a lot of weight on, so we are both going to work at it.

Monday was all about Clayton's real estate, I ordered more Business cards for him. And we went round all the local towns in our area putting flyers and posters up, he has 1 client he's working with at the moment, he was hoping he'd sell a house with them before Christmas but they had a few problems. So we are working on building his clientele. Anyone have any ideas for advertising a business? We have had many ideas, but a lot of them cost a great deal of money, and when your first starting out you don't have a lot.

That's about it here, everyone like the siggie at the bottom of my post? It's my first Pixel Painting, I made it from a tutorial the other day. I'm very pleased with it.