Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Not much going on here, been Babysitting the little one again. Had the last 2 day's off, and spend most of those days working on my website. I've nearly finished revamping my new Domain, so I'll post the link on here, when it's done for everyone to see.

Went Christmas shopping at the weekend, needed to get a few things for everyone back home. Seeming Christmas is like under 6wks away now, I didn't do half of what I wanted to do though, so Clayton and I are going out this coming Monday to get most of it done. I did find something interesting though, while I was browsing in one of the Christmas stores in the Mall I found some Christmas Crackers. I was so thrilled to see something from the UK in a Holiday Store. I thought it was funny the way they titled them "English Christmas Crackers" plus it had the whole history of them on the back. If you want to read about the history of the Cracker go here.

Speaking of Christmas, it's so going to be hard being away from my family. My mum always says to make your own Christmas now, but it's not going to be the same. Plus Clayton is probably going to be working Christmas Eve, and Boxing Day. I know the USA doesn't celebrate Boxing Day, but I was kinda hoping I wouldn't be on my own that much over the Christmas Period. Clayton has asked for that day off in work, but it's very unlikely that he'll get it off. Here's hoping.

Clayton and I are back on the Diets, or more like Healthy eating. I've put on so much weight since I emigrated. I've read a lot of articles about people putting on quite a lot of weight after emigrating, so I'm glad it's not just me. I comfort eat a lot, and when I get homesick I tend to eat the wrong foods. But I've eaten so much, I'm starting to feel it in my clothes. So I have to lose something, we went out grocery shopping this evening to stock our fridge with fruits and veg.

Well that's all the news from here.