Saturday, March 20, 2004

My parents have been away the last couple of days, they went on a small vacation which was nice. I had a little get together with my friends on Thursday night, that was fun. Anyone been watching "Queer eye for the straight guy" that was such a laugh Thursday night. We also watched Bruce Almighty oh gosh I was peeing myself laughing it was so funny lol.

Been updating Stacie and My graphic site over the last few days, we really need to get it up and going. Oh oh I made this

My first Bouncing Blinkie, I'm so proud of myself lol, I just followed a simple tutorial.

Wedding plans have been going well, we've decided to have the Wedding on July 6th, that date was actually the date my mum and dad were supposed to get married. They actually got married on October 20th though. We've also decided on a location, okay this has been kinda hard really because I haven't been there to have a look at the place. It's called the North Folk Wedding chapel It's actually part Brewery and restaurant too. The lady in the e mail said not to be put off by that. The chapel has a lovely stained glass window. It's more of a country feel to it, I'll paste what the minister said in her e mail.

"Okay, here's the 'scoop': The entire facility is a chapel of sorts, we have pews with tables, lovely stained glass, etc. We dress the place in a casual/country style for weddings: indigenous flowers, candles to lend a bit of natural grace and elegance without a stuffy or pretentious overtone. We seat approx. 50 folks in our restaurant.

I am the minister mentioned in our site, and all weddings are customized to fit personal beliefs and/or tastes. Generally, I would communicate with you and your intended to decide what you would like, or more importantly, what you do not like/want in your ceremony.

I lean towards a 'story telling' type of ceremony, how you met, why a wedding now, honorable mentions/kudos to those instrumental in your meeting, hopes of the future. What has worked well for most is a unique approach to vows. Most desire personalized and heartfelt vows, yet can get stuck on the detail, memorization and execution of same. What I do is ask for a 6-7 work description of each other (eg., you would describe the things you love about your fiancee' and he you) then I would weave the words into a sentence, "Natalie says>>>>". I ask couples to keep their thoughts secret and commit them to paper or computer screen.. that way your vows are your's without the logistical difficulties, and better still, you receive this secret 'gift' from each other at your ceremony. "

I liked the fact that the Minister leans towards the story telling of how we got here. Seeming our relationship is unique anyway. Anways when I'm in the US I'll go and take a look at the place, if it's not what I'm looking for I'll find somewhere else. The only other place I was looking at originally was Silver Lake Park It's beautiful right by the lake, underneath a tree overlooking the lake. If I do it there though there would be so much to orgainse. Like a tent just in case it rained, seating arrangments, Music etc. And I really don't know if I'll have the time or money to organise it all.

I'm having my Dress fitting also this coming Thursday ooh can't wait. If I get a chance I'll take a pic of it and e mail it to all of you, cause I know your all dying to see it lol.