Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I just got this e-vite through my email the other day, from a local Seattle news station about a local blogger meet up to be held in August. It sounds like fun meeting some local bloggers, I might end up going if Clayton can get the time off.

I got my Green Card in the mail the other day everything is correct this time no name screw up, can't believe I had to wait an extra 5mths for them to change a name. Speaking of Immigration guess I have to save more money than I thought to file for my citizenship. This was in my local paper this morning "Fees to apply for naturalization will rise substantially Monday — up to $675 from $400. Most other application fees, including the cost of permanent resident status, are set to increase, too." What the heck and get this "Applications for permanent resident status, commonly known as a green card, will cost $1,010, more than 2½ times the current fee of $395." That's just ridiculous. I'm all for paying the fees and such, I mean I really have no choice if I wanna be with Clayton. But to raise it that much, inflation sucks! I hope processing times will become shorter, but I doubt it.

I guess I have 10 years for me to think about putting money by, and start saving. We really can't afford it right now as we are both in school and are trying to save for the move to Texas. Hopefully when we both settle down in good jobs I can start thinking about citizenship. I tell you at those fees I'm sure it'll put a lot of people off.