Saturday, February 25, 2006

Disclaimer: These are my own personal thoughts and feelings, I'm in no way trying to be offensive.

I just felt I had to write as I'm a little annoyed at some American Film producers. Anyone who is British would know of the childhood TV cartoon "The Magic Roundabout" from the BBC. Well last year it was re-made into a movie with some well know British names such as Robbie Williams, Joanna Lumley, Bill Nighy and Tom Baker. Clayton and I watched it while we were at home for Christmas, I really enjoyed it, it was really funny. So one day last week we were watching TV and we saw it was coming over here, I got all excited but it soon turned to disappointment when I realized it had been totally Americanized!! All the characters have been dubbed over with American actors such as, Whoopi Goldberg, Jimmy Fallon and Daniel Tay. They've even changed the British jokes. They've totally destroyed a brilliant film! The one part I find really insulting is that they've even spelt the dogs name wrong it is spelt 'Dougal' not 'Doogal'. Now I know that's only a minor spelling detail but still if your going to rip off a movie at least spell it correctly. Why can't us Brits get the fame and glory for once, now people won't enjoy the movie for what it really is.

Okay vent over with.