Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Thanks for all the good luck wishes for the Interview yesterday. It went quite well, the 3 women were really nice, I had about 16 questions I had to answer such as.. "You've managed your work for the day, and then your supervisor brings you an urgent project what would you do?" I answered all the questions to the best of my ability, so even if I don't get the job it's still good practice. I've put in many other applications and resumes in different places, so hopefully something will turn up soon enough.

Our weekend away was great, the play Agatha Christie's The Mouse Trap was wonderful. I was amazed at the set, they really did make it look like an English Guest House, plus the people put on wonderful English Accents. At the end of the play, the actors and actresses were greeting us outside, I told them all they were amazing with their accents. The hotel we stayed in was great to, very comfortable. On Sunday morning we were thinking of going on the Ferry to Friday Hobour, but it was raining and blowing a gale, so we didn't. We did stop in a chocolate factory, which was so cute, the shop assistant was so nice. She asked me where I was from because of my accent, I said United Kingdom, and then she said South Wales right. And I was like yeah, she said her mother lived in South Wales and moved to the USA 20yrs ago and she still has her Welsh Accent. Funnily enough the mother's home town was half an hour away from mine. Small world huh ;)

Today is Shrove Tuesday Pancake day, I just made British Pancakes for Clayton and I. Clayton thought they were really nice, although he'd prefer syrup on his. He was just telling me that today in the USA is called "Fat Tuesday" where you pig out on what you want to give up for lent.

On a closing note, last Saturday Wales beat England at Rugby for the first time in about 12yrs, they were even on thier home turf at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff. I was just reading this story of a Man who took a bet way too far, read it here