Friday, October 29, 2004

Today I had my AOS (Adjustment Of Status) Interview. I was well prepared with a big folder of all my documents. Clayton and I were up and out of the house by 7am, our appointment was at 10:30am in Seattle. We got there by about 9am, so we headed for some Breakfast which calmed my nerves a little. After that we headed to the Immigration Department, the normal security procedure occurred. Going through the metal detectors and being searched, all the guards were really friendly so it wasn't that bad. We got to the second floor where we were meant to be, there were many couples waiting. So we waited and waited and waited, and then finally our name was called.

We followed the lady who called us, she was very nice and friendly. We walked into her office, and she swore us in. She made a comment about our big Wedding Album and couldn't wait to see it, in front of her was our big folder which must have been about 4inches thick. She asked us both a series of questions regarding our relationship and Wedding. She flicked through our paper work, then asked to see our Wedding Pictures. We all chit chatted about the Wedding for a good 10mins, she was so nice. After that she said "Well your approved" Just hearing those words was such a relief off my mind, I was so happy. It's funny she never even asked to see my big folder I had prepared for them all week, looks like the wedding pictures were enough.

She then took my Index finger print, I assume for the Green Card. And then she stamped my passport, just for proof that I was approved and that I'm ready to work and travel. This stamp is only temporary, but good for a year. As the Green Card can take up to 3mths to arrive in the mail. She welcomed me to US, as we left her office.

I'm now a Conditional Permanent Resident of the United States. Yey!!

In some other news, I changed a few things on my Blog. The Pumpkin Picture I took when I was at the Pumpkin Patch Farm, I've been playing with it in PSP and thought I'd add it here.