Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Well the snow has nearly gone, the roads are still pretty slick. And the weather report says we might have more today, I can't believe how much snow we had, but yeah Joy it did look very bleak. After all the wind gales and snow drifts had gone through. We had tree branches all over our lawn the next morning, and it didn't look real pretty at all.

Hmm been sorting out our Health Insurance, and I'm really frustrated with everything. Clayton's work will only let him have certain coverage, and the one thing I wanted was prenatal care. As my mother said, you can't be to careful just in case. So it looks like I'll have to get separate Insurance, which I really can't afford as the Insurance payments are just so high. One Insurance place did say that if I found out I was pregnant I could sign up for the Insurance plan straight away, and they'd pay for everything other than the delivery of the baby. So I thought that wasn't to bad right? But when I phoned the hospital just to check how much a delivery of a baby was they said it can cost up to $4000-$6000. I was like wow, and then I started to get frustrated. I wouldn't have this problem in the United Kingdom, as most probably all of this would be covered be the NHS. Hmph so I don't know what I'm gonna do.

Finally had my SSN number through last Monday which is great, I danced a happy dance. I can now get paid by the State for Child caring. I'm also looking for some jobs, near by quite local for me. Clayton also mentioned to me that I had to file my taxes now, which kinda sucks more paper work.

Las Vegas is off for Valentine's, Clayton phoned to make reservations and they were all fully booked. Plus you had to phone within 2mths notice which kinda sucks cause Clayton was saving for the trip. He's thinking of booking it for my Birthday though, so at least we still get to go. We are planning on going to Vancouver Canada for Valentines weekend now. At least it would give the weather some time to calm down.

Oh also had Clayton's business cards today, they look really smart. Clayton's all excited about them.